MAKE YOUR WORK COUNT! Join our team and be a part of a small organization that strives to improve the quality of life for individuals living with serious and persistent mental illness.
Transitional Resources is a small non-profit community behavioral health agency that relies heavily on teamwork. Successful candidates must be flexible and open to taking on whatever is needed to help our programs run smoothly. We offer a positive and supportive work environment committed to promoting the best outcomes possible for our employees and the individuals we serve.
1) Assesses referred clients, level of chemical dependency and develops and implements individualized treatment goals to assist consumers to develop the skills needed to manage and address their substance abuse, whether the goal is harm reduction or abstinence.
2.) Develops healthy and effective working relationships with consumers.
3) Works effectively as a member of a treatment team with other staff members including case managers and prescribing staff.
4) Effectively intervenes in consumer crisis, including consulting with agency staff, and Designated Mental Health Professionals regarding potentially dangerous or problematic situations.
5.) Engages clients effectively in discussions about substance abuse and provides outreach and crisis intervention as needed.
6.) Refers clients to inpatient CD treatment or intensive outpatient CD treatment as needed.
7.) Familiar with and able to use Motivational Interviewing in work with consumers.
8.) Completes required documentation in a thorough and timely manner in accordance with Agency, County and State guidelines.
RELATIONSHIP WITH COMMUNITY AND CO-WORKERS
1) Contributes to cooperative working relationships with clinical team-mates and with supervisors.
2) Solicits and provides case consultation and coordination as needed.
3.) Provides education regarding substance abuse to other staff and to clients as needed.
3) Presents a positive professional image of the agency to referral sources and other service providers and community resources needed by agency consumers.
CDP and B.A./M.A. in Human Services. Prefer two years treatment experience with adults with serious and persistent mental illness and/or adults with chemical dependency. Prefer experience working with individuals who have co-occurring disorders. The position requires State Agency Affiliated Counselor registration, a valid driver’s license, an automobile, first aide/CPR training, HIV related training, criminal background inquiry. The employee’s driving record must be acceptable in order to be able to drive the Agency’s vehicles. The employee’s personal automobile insurance must be at the business coverage level required in the agency’s Personnel Policies (100,000 combined single limit). The agency reimburses agency related travel at the standard rate set by the federal government to help cover the cost of insurance, fuel, and wear on the automobile.
This is a non-benefited position.
8 hours per week to be arranged with the Clinical Director.
Please send application materials to email@example.com
Transitional Resources has no current volunteer postings. If you would be interested in developing a volunteer position, please use the instructions below.
How to Apply
Please complete the Transitional Resources volunteer application and send to Darcell Slovek-Walker, CEO at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose interests are a good match with the agency’s will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for considering this volunteer opportunity.