Transitional Resources’ mission is building better health, stable housing, and a community of support for people living with mental illness. We offer behavioral health services that are integrated and comprehensive, coupled with permanent, supportive housing.
TR is seeking volunteers who really want to make a difference at TR and the community. Board service is a great opportunity to contribute, first hand, to the decision-making process that helps us continue our mission. The Board of Directors is responsible for:
- Organizational leadership, governance, and oversight.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as she implements TR’s strategic plan.
- Providing financial management, including oversight of the annual budget.
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments.
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization and participate in fundraising
Board Members serve a 3-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for two additional terms. Members are asked to attend one monthly board meeting, participate on a committee, and attend 2-4 events a year. All meetings and events are currently virtual.
Board meetings are held monthly on fourth Thursdays, from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
We are striving to make our leadership reflective of the community we serve. We particularly encourage applicants from groups below who are currently underrepresented on our Board of Directors:
- Men and nonbinary individuals
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
- People who have lived experience with mental illness and/or homelessness
To learn more or apply, please contact TR’s CEO, Darcell Slovek-Walker, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 883-2026.